Fireworks Safety Tips 2019
- Do not disassemble pre-assembled fireworks, or attempt to make your own fireworks.
- Only light fireworks on flat ground, away from flammable materials, and only in a dry and fire-resistant area.
- Do not light multiple fireworks at the same time.
- Do not point fireworks at yourself or others while you light them.
- Ensure the person lighting the fireworks is equipped with safety glasses and is sober. Keep all spectators at a safe distance from fireworks that are being lit.
- Do not allow young children to handle or light fireworks. Always have an adult supervise fireworks activities.
Pool Safety Tips
- Monitor young children closely. Never assume someone else is watching the children.
- Do not allow children to enter the water without proper flotation devices.
- Set water safety rules for your family.
- Keep a first aid kit near your pool deck.
- Never swim alone.
- Swim sober.
- Apply sunscreen frequently to avoid painful sunburn, sunstroke, or heatstroke.
- Remember to drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration.